Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) Information

The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) regulates Real Estate Brokers and Sales Agents, Real Estate Inspectors, Home Warranty Companies, Easement and Right-of-Way Agents, and Timeshare Interest Providers.

You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at

You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC. A complaint form is available on the TREC website.

To find more information about filing a complaint go to
TREC - Complaints & Consumer Information Page

TREC administers two recovery funds which may be used to satisfy a civil judgment against a Broker, Sales Agent, Real Estate Inspector, or Easement or Right-of-Way Agent if certain requirements are met.

If you have questions or issues about the activities of a license holder, the complaint process or the recover funds, please visit the TREC website www.trec.texas.gov or contact TREC at:

Texas Real Estate Commission
P.O. Box 12188
Austin, TX 78711-2188